This is my attempt at blogging. I'm still learning about the blogging world, and this is my own personal study hall.

Friday, November 20, 2009

JStreet vs. Palin

I haven't posted in a while, and this will be short, but it's what I'm thinking about...right...now.

I'm getting a headache reading this stuff. Read at your own risk (if you haven't already). http://www.jstreet.org/blog/?p=740

There's no question in my mind that Palin is ignorant, and dangerously so for a person with such a public platform to influence others (and, G-d forbid, possibly become president). But there is also no question in my mind that JStreet is the least pro-Israel group out there that purports to be pro-Israel. Their positions consistently undermine not only Israel's security, but the legitimacy of Israel's government (and public) to make its own decisions. Reading this whole back-and-forth is really starting to make me dizzy. Kudos to ADL Director Abe Foxman for calling it like it is. The ADL has a long history of condemning attacks on Jews and Israel from the outside, and as long a history of biting its tongue when Jewish groups attack one another. If you purport to be a Jewish and/or pro-Israel group, and the ADL is coming after you, you have some serious problems with your approach. At the very least, your message is not being delivered in a way that reflects well on you. I've been trying to give JStree the benefit of the doubt that they've simply got their priorities totally out of whack, but there's definitely a part of me that feels it's all a front and that they actually hate Israel.

I'm just curious what you think.

Have a wonderful Shabbath.

For reference:
http://blogs.jta.org/politics/article/2009/11/18/1009285/palin-on-settlements-jews-flocking-to-israel-need-a-place-to-live
http://blogs.jta.org/politics/article/2009/11/19/1009314/foxman-blasts-j-street-on-palin-questions-its-pro-israel-slogan
http://www.jstreet.org/blog/?p=740

1 Comments:

Blogger Ibrahimblogs said...

Hope you had a wonderful Shabbath too!

I liked the post!
Keep blogging!!

This is Ibrahim from Israeli Uncensored News

12:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home