This is my attempt at blogging. I'm still learning about the blogging world, and this is my own personal study hall.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Palin's pastor problems

If I had more time I'd edit these to all the relevant parts, but for the time being, here are some good videos to learn about Sarah Palin's religious beliefs. (Hint: they are not friendly towards Jews, Israel, or any non American-brand Protestant Christian denomination.)






Now audio from that sermon in her church with the director of Jews for Jesus (taken from the church's own website by me - not some anti-Palin blogger):
http://wasillabible.org/sermon_files/2008_Sermons/wbc080914.mp3

And here is the transcript (this is the pdf version; I have the original Word document version on my other computer, so if this, the pdf, doesn't match the audio, Beli Neder, I'll update it):
http://www.wasillabible.org/sermon_files/2008_Transcripts/The%20Jerusalem%20Dilemma.pdf

2 Comments:

Blogger messianicmatt said...

Thank you for posting the links to the message that David Brickner of Jews for Jesus delivered at Sarah Palin's church so that your readers can hear or read the message in its entirety and hear Brickner's remarks in context. You can also read or listen to the entire message at www.jewsforjesus.org/blog/20080817.
Please also take a look at Brickner’s comments concerning his message at Wasilla Bible Church, as well as interviews by Christianity Today and MSNBC with Brickner about this issue, at www.jewsforjesus.org. Among other things, Brickner says, "The comments attributed to me were taken out of context. The notion that the terrorist, bulldozer attack in Jerusalem this summer was God’s judgment on Israel for not believing in Jesus, is absolutely not what I believe. In retrospect, I can see how my rhetoric might be misunderstood and I truly regret that. Of course I never expected the kind of magnifying glass scrutiny on a message where I was speaking extemporaneously. Let me be clear. I don’t believe that any one event whether a terrorist attack or a natural disaster is a specific fulfillment of or manifestation of a Biblical prediction of judgment. I don’t believe that the newspaper should be used to interpret the Bible. The Bible interprets the Bible. I love my Jewish people and the land of Israel. I stand with and support her against all efforts to harm her or her people in any way."

2:28 PM

 
Blogger Seth said...

Matt, I know we're two and a half years later, and many people of faith (including – maybe especially – many Orthodox Jews) are still unconvinced that any of what I wrote above holds water. I can live with that. But I am a little disappointed, though not very surprised, that Brickner tried to distance himself from his own words and that he is being trusted in this effort. Jews for Jesus 100% believes that Jews are good for one thing – converting to Christianity and bringing the Rapture. For him to say that his words were taken out of context is absurd. In the post I linked to the entire speech. Here is the link again: http://www.wasillabible.org/sermon_files/2008_Transcripts/The%20Jerusalem%20Dilemma.pdf
You cannot take an entire speech out of context!

11:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home