This is my attempt at blogging. I'm still learning about the blogging world, and this is my own personal study hall.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Counting the 'Omer

Here is a link to the most handy Sefiras Ha'Omer calendar I've ever used.

In my first year at YU David Wallach designed this calendar, and it was printed out with hundreds of copies passed around campus. I have used it every year since, and I have never missed a day since I started using it. The main thing is to print it out and post it in a place where you won't possibly miss it, and to check off the days (it has handy check boxes) as you go along (obviously checking the Shabbas boxes after Shabbas).

When I was at YU, I would consistently come back to my room after 10, so I just posted it (with my roommate's consent) on the outside of the door, so that when I came back I would see it and count the 'Omer before I walked in. Last year, in my first 'Omer since being married, I posted three copies - one on the outside of our front door, one on the inside, and one on the outside of our bedroom door. This way we necessarily have to see it after dark, before we go to sleep.

When I was vice president of the Student Organization of Yeshiva (the student council for the Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary and the Mazer Yeshiva Program of Yeshiva University), I made sure that these were made available to the students at YU. Last year, I attempted to contact the person who created this calendar, to get his permission to post it in my local community, but he never responded. This year I have noticed that he is posting it on his website for the availability of everyone. It has also been posted elsewhere. So, I am not afraid of posting it publicly this year. He clearly wants it made available to everyone, and I am just facilitating this.

Enjoy, Hag Sameah, and happy counting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home