This is my attempt at blogging. I'm still learning about the blogging world, and this is my own personal study hall.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Welcome to the SSPFC

We must welcome Allioson Lazar, the newest member of the Silver Spring Pistons Fan Club. She and her husband Louie (he's more along for the ride, although he's a good sport) were over here at Headquarters last night to watch the Pistons-Timberwolves game. A native New Yorker, she hates the direction the Knicks are headed, and was looking for a new team to root for. She said she didn't just want to hop on a bandwagon, but she wanted to follow a fun and exciting team. She thought about Miami because of Shaq, and Cleveland because of Lebron, but I think she also wanted someone she can root with, because that adds to the excitement. Isn't that why sports fans love going to games and cheering with the crowd?

Anyway, thanks to Comcast (which is not a phrase I ever thought I'd use), we were able to watch George Blaha and Bill Laimbeer call the game, because Comcast, and probably the NBA, are trying to get people to subscribe to the second half of NBA League Pass by offering free access to it this week.

Welcome, Allison (and Louie). It's good to have you as members. Ken Yirbu!

By the way, I'm watching the Pistons play the Bucks right now, also through the local Detroit affiliate of Fox Sports, and the commercials really make me miss home. Well, some of them do. The one with Tayshaun talking about how he "can do that because I'm a pro. [Wallside Windows] can do that because they're The Factory," is pretty funny. And bad. But I still love you, Tay.

Update as of 1/26/06 at 7:13pm:

I love you more, Ali. xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home