This is my attempt at blogging. I'm still learning about the blogging world, and this is my own personal study hall.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Kashruth Police - Update I

I have an appointment scheduled for August fourth, to speak with a very powerful leader in American Orthodoxy, regarding the establishment of Kashruth standards and policies in North America. I spoke to him a few weeks ago just briefly, and asked him I could call him to talk about it. He warned me at the time, however, that he might not be able to answer all of my questions, but he assured me that he would at least steer me in the right direction and point me to the right people to ask. While he holds a very influential position in terms of setting standards in many important aspects of the lives of American Orthodox Jews, he obviously does not control the day-to-day lives of individuals, or the conduct or standards of different organizations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home